The library is eager to assist those participating in an Adult Education program. Teaching or enrolling grants you the ability to sign up for a library card, and to check out items from our members collection. We also have course reserves available for in library use.
Guidelines for using the collection
- Your card entitles you to check out books from our circulating collection.
- Your card also grants you access to our electronic materials, such as electronic journals and electronic databases. Please see the links in in the box to the right titled "Quick Links to Electronic Resources" for instructions.
On-site Library services
- Browse and use our collection in the library
- Public computers
- High-res color scanner (no charge)
- Reading Room and WiFi for studying, projects and meetings
- Query Reference Librarians and Plant Information Specialists for help
- The Library provides a color scanner at no charge, and photographing our materials is permitted, provided no flash is used. This includes cell phone photos.
- Please see our policies regarding reproduction, (scanning, photography, etc.). Our Fee Schedule can be found here: http://libguides.nybg.org/fee-schedule
- Notice: The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material; the person using this equipment is liable for any infringement.
- Food is not permitted in the library.
- If you would like to consult materials from our Archives or Special Collections, please make an appointment beforehand. All special collections materials must be examined in the presence of a librarian and/or archivist, and are subject to rules and restrictions detailed upon your visit.
- If you are interacting with archives or special collections: large bags and bulky coats must be placed in the closet to the left of the entrance, or in a locker to the right of the entrance. Please ask for a quarter at the reference desk if you need one.
- Cell phones must be switched to silent when in the Library. Phone calls are not permitted. Personal computer use is welcome; there is free wifi available for use in our reading room.
- Please do not reshelve materials, but leave them on the tables so that we can see what was used.